Friday, November 19, 2010

Nurse Consultation

Last Thursday, we had our nurse consultation appointment with one of the nurses from Dr. M's office. The appointment was needed to go over any questions we had and to sign two different contracts. One contract talked about the process of IVF and what to expect. The other contract was the cryopreservation of embryos consent. That consent was a little harder to sign, since it wasn't just a signature it involved answering some difficult questions, that I never even imagined I would have to make. We had to decide what we would do in different situations if we had frozen embryos. For example; what would we want done with our frozen embryos if I die? If Eli dies? If we get divorced? These questions were hard to answer. Those frozen embryos, if we have any, will basically be our "babies". It was not easy to decide what you would do with them. After some discussion we decided what we would do in each situation, well I did most of the deciding, Eli trusted my decisions :-)
The last part of the consultation was going over the medications that I will be taking. I was completely overwhelmed. I had no idea how much medication was actually involved in this whole process. I was given a chart with each medication listed on a day and time. Everyday involves a different medication at a different time and most medications are time sensitive! I am going to have to pay close attention! Here is a list of most of the medications:
*Menopur
*Follistim
*Cetracide
*Valium
*HCG
*Tetracycline
*Z-Pak
*Vivelle Patches
*Progesterone in Oil
*Lupron

Most of them are injectable medications, so I hope I don't end up with cellulitis like I have in the past. After the nurse described all the medications Eli said "Is that ALL she has to take?" and "Is that even safe for her?". Already worrying about me :-) Love that guy!
This consultation appointment was the last thing on the "preparation list". So now, we wait until December 26th when I start my first stimulation injection! I don't want to wish away the holidays since I love this time of year, but I can't wait to get started!
Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving! I can't wait for Thanksgiving and of course Black Friday!!!

Love, Kristen & Eli

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH Kristen!! I am getting more and MORE excited for you!! My, what a lucky baby you will have!! You have tried SO hard and invested SO much emotion that YOUR baby will feel such a strong sense of love and devotion...I LOVE that!! I cannot wait until you have your bundle of joy and we can have play dates and mommy-and-me dates!! PRAYING SO HARD FOR YOU!! I wish you and Eli the absolute best and I am spreading baby dust ALL over your home!! I am here if you need ANYTHING - a shoulder to cry on, someone to vent to, someone to celebrate with or someone to just keep your mind busy!! Let me know 651.485.0924. xoxoxo

web design, website design said...

Based in Singapore, Hong Kong, China since 2005, BackZtage Media is a leading Ecommerce & Corporate Website Design and Interactive Digital Marketing agency with an extensive range of services.

Home Tuition said...

GRADUATE HOME TUITION is a registered business in Singapore and Hong Kong that has an extensive network of dedicated and experienced home tutors.