Thursday, December 25, 2008

Appointment

My appointment with Dr. Kopher went well. He thought it was GREAT news that I got my period on my own. That means I ovulated and we are on the right path. ("We won the battle but not the war") Our plan for this month was what I had expected. I started 100mg of Clomid the day of the appointment, to be taken for 7 days. After all 7 days, wait 7 more days to go back to the clinic for a follicle study. This is where he looks at my ovaries with an ultrasound to see if I have any eggs mature enough for ovulation. My appointment for this is on December 29. If I do have eggs he will give me the same injection of the hcg hormone to help release the mature eggs into my uterus. My most fertile days will be New Years Eve and New Years Day. At the appointment I brought up Intrauterine insemination again and he said he would like to try that this month. So New Years Eve morning I have an appointment for the insemination. He did say that he also recommends to have sex after the procedure, just for more safe measures :) IUI increases the chances of pregnancy each month from 15% to 30%.
I am very excited to try something different this month. I am hoping this New Year brings us some more luck!
I also just wanted to say that I had an awesome time in Mexico with my friends. I feel a 100% more relaxed. It was what I needed and I thank my friends and husband for encouraging me to take the vacation.
Thanks again for keeping us in your thoughts and prayers. We hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. I will update after my appointments next week!

~Kristen & Eli

1 comment:

Home Tuition said...

GRADUATE HOME TUITION is a registered business in Singapore and Hong Kong that has an extensive network of dedicated and experienced home tutors.