Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Appointment

Today was my appointment with Dr. Baram. We went over my progesterone test results and he basically told me what I already knew. The results show that I'm not ovulating. Although, he still wants me to wait and take a pregnancy test next week. He said he has seen crazier things yet with women who are in the same situation as me, getting ready for another round of clomid with a low progesterone result and they end up preggo! I guess we will see!
His plan for the next month was to increase my dose of clomid. I will now take 150mg tablets for the 5 days. This is the last month he will allow us to try clomid if my progesterone levels are not changing. By the third month if they are not then I guess just increasing the dosage isn't going to work. The next step will be to send me to an infertility doctor, Dr. Kopher, to try injections of a hormone that should trigger ovulation. He also said with that there would be a lot of ultrasounds and maybe Intra Uterine Insemination. Lets just pray we don't have to go that far and that this month it works!
Dr. Baram is also sending me for an ultrasound of my left ovary because of my past surgical history. He wants to make sure it looks okay and is working. For those of you who don't know, long story short, I had my period for 8 months straight when I first menstruated at age 15. Went to the doctor they said it was normal for it to be irregular at first and kept sending me home. One day I walked into the office feeling faint, pale, headache and dizzy. My hemoglobin was 5.2 (should be 10-12) so they rushed me to Children's and found a grape fruit size ovarian cyst on my left ovary. Which was removed and immediately from there they put me on birth control pills to regulate my period. The doctors said it shouldn't affect having kids later, but they never said for sure. So my body really doesn't know what a normal cycle is and may never which may also be playing a role in all of this. So next week we will see what the ultrasound reads.
He also sent me to the lab today for another progesterone test. Just to see if it increases later in my cycle; today is day 24. I will re post when the results come back.
Thank you for every one's messages and support, I appreciate it very much!
~Kristen

1 comment:

Home Tuition said...

GRADUATE HOME TUITION is a registered business in Singapore and Hong Kong that has an extensive network of dedicated and experienced home tutors.