Friday, March 11, 2011

Lupron Protocol

We are back from vacation and on to Cycle #2!! Mexico was a blast and all the relaxing we did was much needed. I started my Lupron injections while in Mexico, 20 units a day. Which by the way, bringing needles on the plane was no big deal, they didn't question me once! Monday I had my baseline ultrasound and Estradiol level checked. Everything looked great on the ultrasound, but my Estradiol level was raised at 46. At this time in my cycle they would expect it to be 0 or less then 12, which it has been in the past. So, instead of decreasing Lupron to 5 units I stayed at 20 units and had my Estradiol level re-checked today. It only decreased to 40, but no one seemed worried because I was given the okay to start stim meds tomorrow!!! I will be taking 5 units of Lupron and 75 of Menopur in the morning and 100 of Follistim in the evening. My next appointment is Monday for an Estradiol only and my first ultrasound is Thursday. Please keep us in your prayers these next couple of weeks. Pray my ovaries cooperate, pray we have a successful retrieval and transfer and most of all pray for a miracle! Thank you!! I will update on Monday when I know my Estradiol level.

Love, Kristen & Eli

No comments: